Join our new Forum and Chat
http://illumae.wsr3.net/Forum/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Illumae

We have moved
Join our new Forum and Chat
http://illumae.wsr3.net/Forum/index.php

Illumae

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illumae: To bring spiritual light to, inform, uplift, reveal, guide. A place to discuss, Myth, Magick and Science. Paranormal, Spirituality, Shamanism, Divination, Rune Lore, Spiritualism, Tarot, Psychics, Mystics, Dreamers,Paganism, Wiccans, and Witches.

Join our open Psychic Chat Room Wednesdays from 7pm to 9pm EST http://illumae.wsr3.net/Forum/Chat/

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Clairsentient
Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:59 pm by LadyeFalcon

» Psychic Chat
Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:04 pm by LadyeFalcon

» Definition of Psychic Vampirism
Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:40 pm by Waya

» Hi!!! From Zara
Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:58 am by zara

» Psychic Chat
Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:57 pm by rissasmomma

» Ion Research
Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:55 am by LadyeFalcon

» What Soul Class are you
Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:33 am by LadyeFalcon

» Magickal Timings
Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:41 am by LadyeFalcon

» Cartomancy and the Tarot
Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:31 am by LadyeFalcon

Poll

Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities

LadyeFalcon
    LadyeFalcon
    Admin

Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities Empty Brief Overview of Basic Psychic Abilities

Post by LadyeFalcon Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:23 pm

The most recognized psychic abilities are the ‘clairs’ from 17th century French meaning clear. Psychic abilities cover a large range of talents and skills. The 'clairs' are directly connected to our five senses. I have noticed that Psychic Abilities for the most part are basically a 'heightened' sense.

Clairvoyance: (clear vision) the ability to gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses is different from telepathy in that the information is said to be gained directly from an external physical source, rather than being transferred from the mind of one individual to another. Clairvoyance is often used to refer to other forms of most commonly the perception of events that have occurred in the past, or which will occur in the future. Clairvoyance is related to remote viewing, as the talent relies heavily on the ‘sense’ of sight.

Claircognizance: (clear knowledge) is a form of extra-sensory perception wherein a person acquires psychic knowledge primarily by means of intrinsic knowledge. It is the ability to know something without a physical explanation why you know it. This is one of the most frustrating of all to share with others but from my opinion and experience it is the most reliable. There is really no way to explain it the ‘answer’ just ‘pops’ into your head and you just know it is the answer. Images, feelings, and words can be misconstrued as you try to share what you are being shown or what you feel. However people always look for affirmations and there is really no way to explain how you know what you have shared is accurate other than I just know, very frustrating for both parties.

Clairsentience: (clear feelings) is a form of extra-sensory perception wherein a person acquires psychic knowledge primarily by means of feeling. This is often the ‘gut instinct’ and ‘intuition’ that so many rely on without even being aware they have and are using psychic ability. Form my experiences this is the most common and widely used form of Psychic ability

Clairaudience: (clear hearing) is a form of extra-sensory perception wherein a person acquires information by paranormal auditory means. Many of the people I know whom possess clairaudience can actually hear the voices that one hears on the electrical recording as they are happening even though most people are unable to hear such messages without the aid of sophisticated voice recording. I have actually seen this in action. I watched a clairaudient psychic write down a message she heard during an investigation we were doing. She folded it up and handed it to another investigator. When we played back the recording we all heard word for word what she wrote down. We thought ok maybe the power of suggestion so we took the recording to a another group and they reported hearing exactly the same thing even though they were not informed of our little experiment.

Clairalience: (clear smelling) is a form of extra-sensory perception wherein a person acquires psychic knowledge primarily by means of smelling. People with this ability can tell a ‘haunted place’ by its smell. They quite frequently recognize the presence of entities by a particular fragrance that was associated with the spirit.

Clairgustance: (clear taste) is a form of extra-sensory perception that allows one to taste a substance without putting anything in one's mouth. It is claimed that those who possess this ability are able to perceive the essence of a substance from the spiritual or ethereal realms through taste. I posted this one last as this is one I have never encountered. I am not sure how it works as I have never experienced it myself nor met anyone that has this ability so I would wager this is a rather rare skill.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:57 pm